AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't load SDK into Linux MCUXpressoIDE

Question asked by Myke Predko on Jan 7, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2020 by Myke Predko

Hiya,

I've spent a number of frustrating hours trying to create an SDK that will work with the Linux version of MCUXpresso.  

I'm using the online tool, selecting "Linux" as the target and "GCC ARM Embedded" as the Toolchain. 

Here is a screen shot of the build information from the SDK dashboard:

SDK on the Dashboard

I am downloading the SDK, un gunzipping it, un tarring it and trying to drag the folder or a .zip file into the "Install SDKs" view at which point I get asked if I'm sure I want to import it followed by a message saying it was unable to load the SDK.  When I look at the MCUXpressoIDE's error log (regardless of whether I am trying to load the folder, .zip or even the .tar.gz), I get:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_201

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_CA

Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

MCUXpresso IDE SDK import

Error

Tue Jan 07 16:12:14 EST 2020

The following items are not supported or not valid SDKs

[/home/myke/LinuxSDK/SDK_2.3.1_MK22FN1M0Axxx12.tar.gz]

I have no idea why that line is at the bottom as, as noted,  I have ungunzip'd and untar'd the file I downloaded so this is in one of the various files.  I have attached the file that was downloaded from the SDK site.  I am running Ubuntu 18.04.03 LTS

I should also point out that this happens if I use something like a Freedom board SDK.  

I'm having no trouble with Windows (but want to transfer my software development from Windows 7 to Linux).  

I'm sure I'm doing something simple wrong but I've got no idea what it is - any help is appreciated!

myke

Outcomes