In the i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual, there is a bit of info around the "Ethernet MAC core", but I can't seem to find the details on some of the bullets listed. Would be great with some input from NXP on how these are designed / aimed to be utilized for AVB use-cases.
Just listing a few from the ref manual below. Feel free to comment:
A unified DMA, internal to the ENET module, optimizes data transfer between the ENET core and the SoC, and supports an enhanced buffer descriptor programming model to support IEEE 1588 functionality.
- is this functionality implemented or documented somewhere?
- 802.1Qav features -> AVB endpoint talker and listener support
- does this mean we can offload depacketization of the AVB ethernet frame -> IEEE 1722 packet?
- preferably also parsing the IEC 61883 header so the data-frame address can be put in a DMA automatically!?
Support for arbitration between different priority traffic (for example, AVB class A, class B, and non-AVB)
- any driver support (in the linux kernel) for this?
- can we assume that there could be separate IRQ's fired depending on traffic type?