Did you mean: 

Confirmation timeout

Jump to solution
jictannu
Contributor III

I find this in KW36 SDK ble_general.h:

typedef enum
{

gGattClientConfirmationTimeout_c = gGattStatusBase_c | 0x08, /*!< No Confirmation was received from the Client after a Server Indication. */

} bleResult_t;

However, I could not find where returns gGattClientConfirmationTimeout_c . GattServer_SendInstantValueIndication always returns gBleSuccess_c even if I does not get gEvtHandleValueConfirmation_c. So how could I know that I didn't receive Confirmation?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xing_chang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xinyu,

Please note that related events are handled in BleApp_Gatt ServerCallback ().

Please refer to "Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide".

There is an important difference between sending Notifications and Indications: the latter can only be sent one at a time and the application must wait for the Client Confirmation (signaled by the gEvtHandleValueConfirmation_c Server event, or by a gEvtError_c event with gGattClientConfirmationTimeout_c error code) before sending a new Indication. Otherwise, a gEvtError_c event with gGattIndicationAlreadyInProgress_c error code is triggered. The Notifications can be sent consecutively.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
xing_chang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xinyu,

Please note that related events are handled in BleApp_Gatt ServerCallback ().

Please refer to "Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide".

There is an important difference between sending Notifications and Indications: the latter can only be sent one at a time and the application must wait for the Client Confirmation (signaled by the gEvtHandleValueConfirmation_c Server event, or by a gEvtError_c event with gGattClientConfirmationTimeout_c error code) before sending a new Indication. Otherwise, a gEvtError_c event with gGattIndicationAlreadyInProgress_c error code is triggered. The Notifications can be sent consecutively.