Can we read all the ADC inputs in a channel with a single trigger ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we read all the ADC inputs in a channel with a single trigger ?

narenchandra401
Contributor III

Hi community ,

we are using IMX RT 1020 for our next design and we just want to know if there is any provision to read all the 16 inputs i.e (DC1_IN0 to ADC1_IN15 ) with a single trigger .

Here are the available ADC selection , in 24 proposed ADCs we can use only 19 , 16 from ADC 1 and 3 from ADC 2

Screenshot (41)_LI.jpg

If there is any provision to read all the 16 sensors data connected to 16 ADCs of the MCU in one shot please let me know since reading individual input is a time taking process and includes latency 

Thanks and Regards 

Naren chandra

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Naren chandra,

No, you can't use single trigger to get all the 16 channel ADC data.

In fact, even each ADC module contains 16 channel, to one ADC module, the max configuration adc channel is 8,  please check the following register information:

pastedImage_1.png

You can find just one ADC_HS register, so to one time, it just can check one channel conversion completion.

But you can configure 8 channels one time.  If you use two ADC modules, you can use up to 16 channels.

But, you still need to use the code to process the individual ADC channel value.

Wish it helps you!

if you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------