cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW36A512VFP4 BLE to CAN communication

lukas_berger
Contributor II

Hi there,

I want to build a Bluetooth LE CAN bridge with the MKW36A512VFP4 controller.

I really hope that someone can help me convert the example program from the NXP website for the FRDM-KW36 development board. The problem is that the sample program was created for the HQFN48 package and not for the HQFN40. And I don't now the best way to convert the program code. I also have no LEDs or buttons in my layout. The program should start advertising as soon as the device is switched on.

My current Pin configuration is shown in the pictures.

Thank you in advance for the held.

best regards,

Lukas Berger

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lukas,

Could you please look at the https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12273.pdf 

You are working with the Wireless examples, could you please modify the pin configuration in the pin_mux files?

Please let me know if you still have these issues.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

lukas_berger
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

thanks for the response.

When I follow the instructions from the AN12273 Application note I get some errors after completing all steps. Thes errors are without changing the Pin or MCU Configuration from die exmaple program.

Regards,

Lukas

Error_List.PNG

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lukas,

In the Chapter 4. Adding FlexCAN and LIN drivers, after step 3, did you select replace or existing files option?

As you are working with the CAN drivers, you do not need the LIN drivers. Skip the 5.2. LIN section.

Could you please do the AN again, without the LIN Drivers?

Regards,

Mario