CAN Frame Drop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Frame Drop

sudarkb
Contributor II

We are using a custom board which has a iMX6 Solo processor which runs Android KK. We are trying to receive burst of CAN frames from another device. It seems that, there is at-least one frame getting dropped in the iMX6 side but the CAN bus analyzer could receive the missing frame. Checking the Overflow and error registers had no flags being set. What may be the cause of the issue. This issue is particularly seen when a frame burst of 15 occurs. What could be the cause of the issue?

Processor: iMX6

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

sudarkb
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Is there any update regarding the points that could be checked for debugging this issue.

Regards,
Sudar.K.B.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudar

to narrow down issue one can try to build minimal configuration, without gui and

increase in application number of can data buffers.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

sudarkb
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

We will look for the Sabre AI reference board then. Meanwhile, could you point out what could be checked now to debug the issue.

Regards,
Sudar.K.B.

0 Kudos

sudarkb
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the replay. We are having a SabreSD Quad Evaluation board and adding support for CAN interface. Could you point out the Logs and registers to see if the issue occurs.

Regards,
Sudar.K.B.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudar

unfortunately SabreSD does not support flexcan, please try with

i.MX6DL Sabre AI reference board using official Demo Images from link

i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP .

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudar

to narrow down issue one can try to reproduce issue on i.MX6DL Sabre AI reference board

with some official NXP releases from i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos