cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low level SDP commands for iMXRT1021 target

t_thurgood
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to interface with the 1021 (Arm) boot rom via uart using low level Serial Download Protocol. All the documents I have seen refer to high level tools and applications, which is fine if you want to host a programmer on a Windows or Linux platform. We would like to implement an embedded solution that can be used as a factory programmer e.g. PIC32.

I have found this document...

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3996.pdf 

which details their SDP commands in section 6.0.

Is there an equivalent spec for the iMXRT1021?

(i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual doesn't give this detail).

By capturing the uart commands on a logic analyser, I can see some similarities, but not all.

Ideally, I would like to be able to replicate the action of sdphost and download ivt_flashloader.bin. With this installed in the target RAM, we can then communicate using the blhost protocol.

br,

Tony

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The i.MX RT series inherits a lot of features of i.MX MPU series, yes, it includes the Serial Download mode and its communication protocol.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos