Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash DQS pin default status in RT1051

Jump to solution
ffloree
Contributor III

Hi,

After system bootup, I checked register IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_SD_B1_05, it's FLEXSPIA_DQS, but my code doesn't touch it, it should be GPIO3_IO05 as spec says. So my question is (1) whether ROM code changes this property to FLEXSPIA_DQS? And if I want to change this pin's property to others, and ROM code can use the new property, (2) how can I do? By checking fuse and FlexSPI Configuration Block, no this feature included. Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi tom fang ,

About the DQS pin, it is the special pin, we highly recommend you left it as float, otherwise, it will influence your external flexspi flash, it will limit the flexspi flash speed.

pastedImage_2.png

About GPIO_SD_B1_05 default value, from the IOMUX register, it seems the default function is the GPIO.

pastedImage_1.png

But, when ROM do booting, it will modify this pin as the DQS function.

pastedImage_3.png

The ROM code do it automatically.

Anyway, don't use this pin as the other function, just leave it as the DQS function, and keep it floating.

Wish it helps you!

If you still havfe questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ffloree
Contributor III

Thanks Kerry, you did give me a great help!!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

If you have the new question in the future, welcome to create the new question post!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi tom fang ,

About the DQS pin, it is the special pin, we highly recommend you left it as float, otherwise, it will influence your external flexspi flash, it will limit the flexspi flash speed.

pastedImage_2.png

About GPIO_SD_B1_05 default value, from the IOMUX register, it seems the default function is the GPIO.

pastedImage_1.png

But, when ROM do booting, it will modify this pin as the DQS function.

pastedImage_3.png

The ROM code do it automatically.

Anyway, don't use this pin as the other function, just leave it as the DQS function, and keep it floating.

Wish it helps you!

If you still havfe questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.