No inherited component assigned (Runtime Counter LDD)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inherited component assigned (Runtime Counter LDD)

Jump to solution
honghao
Contributor I

When I try to disable Use Tick Counter, i have to use LDD component. But i could not find the Runtime LDD component.

If i would like to use custom timer for Runtime Statistics,what am I supposed to do next?

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

1) I'm afraid that there are no LDD components available for S32

2) see 1)

3) You would have to configure and setup a timer with appropriate frequency (10x times the frequency of your tick timer interrupt frequency) and then use this as a timer base for performance counting. If time permits, I plan to write up an article on MCU on Eclipse | Everything on Eclipse, Microcontrollers and Software , but that would be for the MCUXpresso IDE and SDK, as this is what I'm currently using for my projects.

Additionally on any M4 you could use the Cycle Counter approach described in Performance and Runtime Analysis with FreeRTOS | MCU on Eclipse .

Or you could consider the approach described in Measure Time within a Task with xTaskGetTickCount() - FreeRTOS 

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

first, I recommend that you switch to the non-tab view as this one is easier to use than the tabbed view (see Switching between ‘tabs’ and ‘no-tabs’ UI in Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse ).

second: what IDE and target CPU are you using? the LDD components are not available for every CPU architecture. In that case, use the non-LDD one.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
honghao
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,take the informations as mentioned below for reference:

1.Target CPU:PS32K118UEX0MLUT on the S32K148EVB hardware platform;

2.IDE:S32 Design studio for ARM;

Here is the non-tab view of my configration:

pastedImage_34.png

Based on your answers,I have further more question:

1.Is the LDD components avaiable for my target CPU?

2.If the answer is positive,how to get the Legacy User Components?

3.If it's not avaiable,how to implement the Runtime Statistics function with my timebase?Since I have already read those related papers,and it's not helpful for my trouble.Here is the URL:

Performance and Runtime Analysis with FreeRTOS | MCU on Eclipse 

Better FreeRTOS Debugging in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

Processor Expert Component Repositories | MCU on Eclipse 

I am really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Just in case:

this is for MCUXpresso and SDK, but with minor modifications should work for S32K too:

Implementing FreeRTOS Performance Counters on ARM Cortex-M | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

1) I'm afraid that there are no LDD components available for S32

2) see 1)

3) You would have to configure and setup a timer with appropriate frequency (10x times the frequency of your tick timer interrupt frequency) and then use this as a timer base for performance counting. If time permits, I plan to write up an article on MCU on Eclipse | Everything on Eclipse, Microcontrollers and Software , but that would be for the MCUXpresso IDE and SDK, as this is what I'm currently using for my projects.

Additionally on any M4 you could use the Cycle Counter approach described in Performance and Runtime Analysis with FreeRTOS | MCU on Eclipse .

Or you could consider the approach described in Measure Time within a Task with xTaskGetTickCount() - FreeRTOS 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos