cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKV31 can't program by cyclone

leo_wu
Contributor I
Hi NXP
I have a NXP MKV31 MCU, it can't not be programmed by P&E Cyclone -- PROGACMP software, details as below
1. open PROGACMP
2. use cyclone U, MKV31F256M12, 4.545Mhz, SWD, external power supply 3.3V.
3. press conncet(Reset) -- ok
4. choose algorithm -- kv31f256m12_1x32x64K_pflash
5. Initializing....(can't not finish initial)

Then keep Initializing, will not initial done.
I use scope to watch SWD signal, it communicate continuously and never stop.

compare with good MCU(same circuit), initial will finish and SWD will stop communicate.
I also checked impedance is ok. 
Does any reason will cause this issue? is any thing i need to check?

Thanks your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo Wu

At first, you need to check whether your KV31 hardware works OK or not.

Do you have the JLINK? When you use the JLINK connect with your board, and use JLINK commander, can you find the ARM core or not through the SWD?

You mentioned the Good MCU, do you mean, you still have other board which is the same circuit, but it works with your cyclone? If yes, you need to check your issue board hardware at first, just when you can find the ARM core, then it means you can do the program, otherwise, check the hardware, soldering.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

I follow your suggest to use JLINK and JLINK commander to access the defect sample MKV31 MCU, it still can't not be access successfully. I also checked soldering of MCU pin is ok, and citcuit is ok. another good MCU can use JLINK to erase/write flash successfully. do you have any ideas for this case?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo,

If the JLINK also can't detect your chip, your hardware may still have problems, or it is secured.

You can try the JLINK command: unlock kinetis

Can you connect it again?

Please check this document:

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/857127-1-396709/Kinetis%20Lock%20issue%20anal... 

If it still can't work, the hardware have problems, you need to check the hardware, the power supply, or you can change another chip and try it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos