cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kinetis SPI without SIN

Jump to solution
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

I'm using a SPI port to write data to just an OLED display, there is no SPI data output that I would connect to the SPI SIN - currently I'm tying the pin to VSS.  

So, the obvious question is, could I use the pin I've allocated for SIN as a DI/DO and ignore what happens inside the chip?  Reading the RM, I don't see how this could be a problem, but I thought I'd ask the wise people here.  

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
1 Solution
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the SIN do not influence the communication between the master and slave, you can ignore it. And use it as general IO. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the SIN do not influence the communication between the master and slave, you can ignore it. And use it as general IO. 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Thank you - it's nice getting the extra pin.  

Have a great day!

0 Kudos