cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a project using LPC-Link2 and LPC54114 MCU

fredfl
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using a LPC54114 MCU which I want to program/debug using a LPC-Link2 board but I am struggling to setup a working project in MCUXpresso (10.3.1). During the process of creating a project I chose the LPC-Link2 as a board and LPC54114J265 as CPU with no board. I am able to complete the process selecting the LPC5411x Multicore (M4 master) LPCOpen C++ Project and using the "lpc5411x_xpresso54114_mcuxpresso_v3.01.000" as well as lpc_chip_5411x as the chip library project.
After the project has been created I am not able to use the configuration views like Pin, Clocks and Peripherals because an error message showed up saying that "Eclipse Project not accessible" (The project has no nature com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.sdkNature).

Does someone has a solution of how currently setting up such a project?

Best regards and thank you
Fred

Labels (1)
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First of all, do not select the LPC-Link2 as your board - the board selection is your target MCU, not your debug probe!! The debug probe will be automatically detected when you start a debug session for the first time (from the Quickstart Panel).

Anyway, for starting development for LPC54114, I would recommend that you download the MCUXpresso SDK for this device / for the LPCXpresso54114. The overview videos in this community may help you with getting started:

But for more details, please see the supplied MCUXpresso IDE User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

fredfl
Contributor II

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I am aware of how to create a project using the LPCXpresso5411x (OM13089) board. In this case a self-developed platform with the LPC54114 was developed and therefore I want to use the same environment. If I create a new project and select the MCU and not a specific board, I receive the exact same error when accessing the Pin or Peripherals view. I noticed that the link to the SDK is missing and also the .mex file is not automatically created. Is there any chance I can use the IDE including the pin config tool to configure my MCU? Technically there is no difference between the OM13089 and the own board expect the surrounding peripherals of course which should not affect the pin config tool.

Best regards

Fred

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fred,

You could also download the SDK for your chip (SDK_2.x_LPC54114J256) and install it in MCUXpresso. That way you could start the development with your own chip and custom board.

Best regards,

Felipe

fredfl
Contributor II

Hello Felipe,

thanks for you answer. I generated the SDK for my chip before. But when I create a new project I cant access the configratuion views. I can add and extract the SDK, create a new project using the wizzard but when I want to access the Pin view the error dialog "This selected project is not based on MCUXPresso SDK. What can cause that problem?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

I have latest version of MCUXpresso IDE and SDK and I am able to create a new project using SDK Wizard and open Pin view in Config Tools. Could you please let me know the steps you are following on your side? Please check the below snippets.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos