Does T2080,T4240 support enumerating discovery device IDs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does T2080,T4240 support enumerating discovery device IDs

liguofa
Contributor III

I want to ask, for example, T2080 t4240 chip adopts RMAN module for RapidIO controller; I want to know whether the processor supports routing enumeration discovery algorithm like p2020 to discover device ID (both Linux and VxWorks).

As far as I know, I see that the source code of FRA and SRA does not have an API to reflect the enumeration process. If so, can you help me with this? Thank you very much.

3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mean routing enumeration discovery algorithm like the P2020 processor or routing enumeration discovery algorithm like the P2020 protocol?

I need to clarify what P2020 you are refers to. Sorry I am not familiar with the "routing enumeration discovery algorithm" you refers to.

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

Yiping Wang 撰写:

Do you mean routing enumeration discovery algorithm like the P2020 processor or routing enumeration discovery algorithm like the P2020 protocol?

I need to clarify what P2020 you are refers to. Sorry I am not familiar with the "routing enumeration discovery algorithm" you refers to.

yes,I mean how can I use the routing enumeration discovery algorithm like the P2020 protocol when i use the cpu like T2080,T4240 which use RMAN as the control;I know the demo,fra,sra,and i can use them well;

I'm just wondering, how can I enumerate as a master to find the slave or switch,and configure the device id to them.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For RMAN sample application and initialization, the only support we provide is thru SDK (e.g. QorIQ SDK 2.0 1703). The RMan driver (RapidIO message manager) supports the message passing programming model for inter-processor and inter-device communication. RMan has a total of 32 inbound traffic classification units. A block is a group of eight classification units. The units are managed through a set of runtime registers. There are 4 outbound segmentation units. RMan driver is used to manage RMan global registers and inbound blocks. Users can call rman_dev_config() to configure global registers. This function supports setting inbound message descriptor write mode and the frame queue assembly rule of the doorbell mailbox and data-streaming transaction. RMan driver provides enable/disable/clear/status interfaces to handle interrupt and provides a few functions to request/release, enable/disable configure classification unit.

e.g.

9.9.14.2.1 Rman_cfg Element

This element is responsible for RMan general settings. It contains some child elements: fqbits, md_create, osid, bpid and sgfqid.

For example:

<rman_cfg>

<fqbits type="Data-streaming" value="2"/> <fqbits type="Mailbox" value="2"/> <md_create mode="yes"/> <osid value="no"/> <bpid type="Data-streaming" value="11"/> <bpid type="Doorbell" value="10"/> <bpid type="Mailbox" value="11"/> <sgbpid value="12"/> </rman_cfg>

AND  USDPAA FRA (Freescale RMAN Application)   User Manual

9.9.15.3 Overview of FRA

The USDPAA FRA application is a multi-thread USDPAA application that runs simultaneously on one or more boards which are connected with RapidIO cable. FRA application forwards IPv4 packets from one Ethernet interface to another boards using RapidIO transaction.

9.9.15.3 Overview of FRA

The USDPAA FRA application is a multi-thread USDPAA application that runs simultaneously on one or more boards which are connected with RapidIO cable. FRA application forwards IPv4 packets from one Ethernet interface to another boards using RapidIO transaction.

0 Kudos