Can I use any I2C modules such as MPU6050 (Triple Axis Accelerometer), TB6612FNG motor controller with RT1010?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use any I2C modules such as MPU6050 (Triple Axis Accelerometer), TB6612FNG motor controller with RT1010?

mithundotdas
Contributor I

Hi,

I am very new to NXP crossover MCUs and never used it before. I am thinking to participate in the challenge on Hackster. Can I use any I2C modules such as MPU6050 (Triple Axis Accelerometer), TB6612FNG motor controller, SPI Camera, OLED display with RT1010 or I need to use only NXP specific modules ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MITHUN DAS ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP MIMXRT1010 product, I would like to provide service for you.

RT1010 can support the I2C, PWM, SPI, GPIO, etc.

So, your related module totally can be supported.

About the related peripherals driver and the examples, please refer to the RT1010 SDK code, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

You can check it at first.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mithundotdas
Contributor I

Thanks Kerry ! That's very exciting and I am more excited to try RT1010 with other I2C sensors I have. I followed the webinar video, downloaded MCUExpresso IDE and installed SDK for RT1010 and started with the hello_world example. Build was successful but when I hit debug, it could not find the target. All I am seeing in console is below. I am using Mac. I googled the error, used different USB cable but no luck. When I connect the board to my mac using USB, the green LED blinks. I assume this indicates the board is not broken. Do you have any idea how to troubleshoot this issue ? I am using mac Mojave ( 10.14.6 ) , MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.1 [Build 2563] [2019-09-01], SDK Version 2.6.0 (Manifest 3.5.0) 

[Started server]

[Connected on port 3025]

redlink> ProbeList

[Closed]

system_profiler SPUSBDataType command does not show RT1010 board. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MITHUN DAS,

Please tell me what's the RT1010 board you are using now? NXP MIMXRT1010-EVK?

BTW, I can't find your pictures.

I suggest you find a windows system PC to test it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mithundotdas
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Yes, I am using MIMXRT1010-EVK board and I only have Mac. Does that mean I am out of luck ? I am attaching the screenshots if something catches your eye. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 8.47.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 9.04.53 AM.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MITHUN DAS,

Please check the MCUXPresso IDE requrement:

System Requirements
===================
- One of the following Host Operating systems:
  - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7, 8.1, 10 (32-bit or 64-bit versions)
  - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS Linux-hosted variants of tools are distributed on Linux as 64-bit binaries, which may not work
    on 32-bit systems. Supported desktop environments: GNOME
  - Mac OS X operating system (10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra or later)
- 4GB RAM or more
- Display with resolution 1024 x 768 or more
- Internet connection for dynamic download of processor database

System Requirements for the Web Version
======================================
- Internet browser with JavaScript enabled
  - Required versions of web browser: IE 9+, Safari 5.1+, Firefox 33+, and Chrome 38+
- Internet connection for dynamic download of processor database
- Display with resolution 1024 x 768 or more

Do you meet the above requirement?

I didn't test it on the mac PC, so could you please help to check the following item.

When you plug in your board to your MAC PC, find your control panel like the windows:

pastedImage_1.png

Can you find the CMSIS-DAP device or not?

This is very important.

If you PC even can't find the CMSIS DAP debugger, then the IDE also can't find it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos