cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k9f2g08u0a

simo_selex
Contributor I

HI.

I'M DEVELOPPING A BOARD WHIT A 8313 CPU.

I USE ONLY A NAND FLASH  k9f2g08u0a, NONOR FLASH.

I NEED TO PROGRAM THIS DEVICE.

WHIT THE FLASH PROGRAMMER SHIPPED WHIT CODEWARRIOR I'M NOT ABLE TO DO IT.

THE DEVICE IS SUPPORTED IN THE PROGRAMMER LIST, BUT WHEN I TRY TO START THE PROGRAM

NO CHIP SELECT IS PUT OUT FROM THE CPU.

IF I TRY TO USE A DIFFERRENT DEVICE (EX. THE DEVICE THAT IS IN THE 8313 EVB9 THE DEVICE TRY TO ACCESS TO THE DEVICE BUT STOP WHEN DISCOVER A DIFFERENT DEVICE.

ANY CAN HELP ME?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

simo_selex
Contributor I

hi ronco.

I'm developping a board using mpc8313.

i followed suggestion of evb but the schematic is not the same.

once that ram works fine i tried to program the flash nand in my board, a   k9f2g08u0a device using the flash programmer built in whit codewarrior.

if i select this device from device list i never see the chip select toggling.

if i select a different device i see the chip select toggling.

obvusly the part code differs from the device selected and the programmers stops.

I think that the driver doesn't work fine.

If any programmed this device using the flash codewarrior's flash programmer  i will appreciate your help.

Bye

Simone

0 Kudos

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From your description I see that you are able to program this NAND flash (Erase/Program/Verify) but that the board does not boot properly from this flash.  That is a different problem.  

You didn't say which target board you're using.  If you are using the Freescale MPC8313-RDB then I suggest setting DIP switch SW4[4] to ON to enable booting from NAND flash (refer to http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/MPC8313ERDBUG.pdf for details.)  If you are using a different target board then please check the target design schematics for a similar option.

0 Kudos