cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPI2C with ISELED of Iseled_freemaster_s32k144(RTM SDK3.0) quesiton

kikeda
Contributor II

Hello,

Now, I am trying to add LPI2C master communication function to Iseled_freemaster_s32k144 example code.
(Our Demo board is S32K144VB-Q100)

However, I2C signals didn't output from PTA2&PTA3 port where I assigned the LPI2C output.

Of course, I added lpi2c component to ISELED project.

And I set LPI2C ports in "pin_mux:Pinsettings"  and set another parameter like as "Ipi2c_master_s32k144 example code.

(Q)Are there any hardware resource limitation to use LPI2C function  with ISELED solution?

When  I called  LPI2C_DRV_MasterSendDataBlocking(INST_LPI2C1, buffer, TRANSFER_SIZE, true, OSIF_WAIT_FOREVER) fuction, then the program pointer will  stay in osif1() routine.

At another sample code(i.e ftm_periodic_interrupt_s32k144), there were no problems at the same operation of above(ISELED sample code). 

Best reagards

4 Replies

kikeda
Contributor II

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for supporting our issue.

I updated our  SDK of 3.9.0BETA to ISELED RTM 4.0.0 with the devices version RTM3.0.0.

LPI2C issue was solved. We could start I2C communication  in our designed peripherals.

And we needed to create clean project of ISELED SDK at RTM 4.0.0.

That is our report.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Kimihiro Ikeda

kikeda
Contributor II

Dear Daniel

Thank you for investigating this issue.

We checked our driver software version of  software development PC, it might have kept S32K1_ISELED_BETA_3.9.0 version.

(There were no update record of driver software in that PC. )

We will update driver software and try to I2C communication function.

On the other hand, 

Can we check the installed ISELED driver software version in  \S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS folder?

And,

Shouled we make the new ISELED software project under S32K1_ISELED_RTM_4.0.0 installed condition?

(Should we port our software from BETA_3.9.0 project software to new RTM_4.0.0 project?)

Best regards,

Kimihiro Ikeda

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Kimihiro Ikeda,

I'm not saying what is the root cause here, but it works on my side.

Anyway, the ISELED RTM 4.0.0 package must be installed on top of the S32SDK for S32K1xx devices version 3.0.0 RTM, 3.0.1 RTM and 3.0.2 RTM, in the SDK 3.0.0 RTM folder. So, if it was installed, you would see it there.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in porting it.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kimihiro Ikeda,

I have tried with SDK RTM 3.0.1 and SDK ISELED RTM 4.0.0 and I get signal at PTA2 (J1.01), PTA3 (J1.03).

Do you use external pull-ups or are the internal ones enabled?

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos