Preferred development system for FRDM-KE02Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred development system for FRDM-KE02Z?

Jump to solution
qu1j0t3
Contributor III

Hi,

I've recently got hold of a FRDM-KE02Z board (MKE02Z64VQH2) but I am struggling to get KDS set up to work with it. None of the SDKs 1.0.0-1.3.0 seem to support this board?

What is the recommended development environment? I have access to OS X, Linux and Windows 10 hosts in order of preference.

Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Toby,

Yes, MKE02Z64VQH2 is an old product. It will not be supported by any SDK. You can use KDS or Codewarrior. In KDS, you can only create project by processor expert.

I recommend MKE02Z64VQH4. It's price is almost same as MKE02Z64VQH2. It has most update 2.6 version SDK. And you can use MCUXpresso.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

3 Replies
skaval99
Contributor I

I recently started using MKE02z64VQH4 in MCUXpresso IDE with 2.6 version SDK. However, to my horror, discovered that even the simple timer library functions in file "fsl_ftm.c" are causing hardware faults during initialisation calls to "FTM_Init(FTM_BASEADDR, &ftmInfo)" whenever trying to initialise FTM0 and FTM1 modules. The library works only with FTM2 module. Hardware faults seem to be caused by access violations to certain registers viz. Mode, SYNC etc. which appear to have not been implemented in FTM0/FTM1 modules. However, processor reference manual does not indicate clearly about implementation of these registers. At my wits end as to what is going on.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Toby,

Yes, MKE02Z64VQH2 is an old product. It will not be supported by any SDK. You can use KDS or Codewarrior. In KDS, you can only create project by processor expert.

I recommend MKE02Z64VQH4. It's price is almost same as MKE02Z64VQH2. It has most update 2.6 version SDK. And you can use MCUXpresso.

Regards,

Jing

qu1j0t3
Contributor III

Hi Jing

Thankyou, that was good advice. I got the board working with Processor Expert.

I also updated the firmware to Segger OpenSDA v1. I had to do that update with Windows XP in VirtualBox, as Windows 10 caused bootloader errors, and OS X couldn't do the update either. After that update I can use the board from OS X and debug in KDS 3.2.

0 Kudos