cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A: Ethernet RX gone

stigmha
Contributor I

Hi,

We have an SGMII phy (DP83867CS) running on a LS1012ASN7HKA-800MHz with LSDK-19.09-update-291119-V4.19 where the Ethernet sporadically stops working. The symptom is always the same; We're able to transmit packets (TX working), but not receive them (RX broken). This has been proven with ifconfig statistics and by running tcpdump locally on the failing LS1012A and on a remote target. LS1012A sends packages which are received remotely, but it it fails to receive remote packages.

Ethernet can work fine for hours and even days before the sporadic issue is triggered. iperf is used to reproduce the issue quicker. We unload the PFE and DP83867 drivers, trigger a hard reset of the Phy and reload the drivers, but the problem remains. Loading the PFE driver issues a soft reset of the Phy as well.

Rebooting the LS1012a resolves the issue.

We have used dmesg, ethtool, sysfs, debugfs, and busybox devmem (PFE, MDIO select and SGMII registers) to compare a working system with a failed system, but have not found any differences.

Any help or suggestions to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

albert_domingo
Contributor II

Hello @stigmha,

I am facing the same issue. Was this solved? Which solution did you apply?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Please specify which board you are using - custom board or NXP development board. If the problem is detected on custom board, than please check if the same problem appears on our NXP development board.

2. Please specify which Linux you are using. If you are using our Linux SDK, than please specify which version. If you are not using most recent version, than please check if the same problem appears with our most recent version.

0 Kudos

stigmha
Contributor I

1. Custom. I will check if the problem appears on a FRDM-LS1012A development board.

2. We are using your latest Linux SDK, specifically LSDK-19.09-update-291119-V4.19

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, please check the problem appears on our FRDM-LS1012A development board, and let me know the result. 

0 Kudos