cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torque Control

bhanu_kassel
Contributor II

hi dumitru-daniel.popa ,

I am using sine wave as a input (check it speed controller in attached file). I have to generate  more torque at lower frequencies. Actually, here same torque is generated at different frequencies and amplitudes of sine wave. It is not changing.  I have to generate  more torque at lower frequencies. suppose if we give amplitude 1 and frequency 0.5 ......at that time independently we have to adjust torque .....i.e torque has to be tunnable. How can I make torque tunnable at particular frequency?  Can anyone resolve this issue?

Regards,

Bhanu

3 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bhanu, 

I'm not sure that you want to achieve.

I've run a simulation with your data and here is what i got:

pastedImage_1.png

Seems that the frequency of the sine wave is too small.

Furthemore, the Sine block do not generate optimal code. Perhaps you could have a look at the ammclib_gmclib_foc_F16_s32k14x.mdl to see how you can generate programatically a sine wave.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

bhanu_kassel
Contributor II

hi dumitru-daniel.popa

I have to give torque how much i need to give. i.e We have to change torque manually....I mean if motor running at one
frequency .....we can give torque how much we have to give....i.e tunnable. Can you help me out of this problem?

regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, then why don't you decouple the rotor angle computation from the UQ voltage reference computation.

You could use the Speed Command global variable to compute the angle only and then create another global variable from which you control the amount of torque/voltage needed by modifying the value from FreeMASTER or from one of the push buttons.

Another approach might be to eliminate that sine block and instead of using the multiplication to simply use and ADD block to add a quantity of a global variable declared via a Data Store Block. This way that quantity will act as Torque command and you will no longer need the LUT.

Hope this helps!

Daniel