Rich Testardi

Standalone DEMO board S19 -> QSPI -> EzPort relay...

Discussion created by Rich Testardi on Mar 19, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 by Rich Testardi

Hi all,

I've been meaning to do this for only about a year now, and since EzPort posts keeps on trickling in on the forum, I finally decided to do it tonite and hopefully save somebody some pain...

What I built is a standalone application for the M52221DEMO or M52233DEMO boards that you can connect to using a terminal emulator either by:

* RS232 (uart 0, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, xon/xoff flow control),

* a USB virtual serial port on the 52221, or

* a raw TCP/IP port (DHCP, port 1234) on the 52233 .

You can then type the "download" command into your terminal emulator and paste in an S19 file and the DEMO board will relay it out QSPI to the EzPort of a waiting target board.  It means you can flash any kind of ColdFire part with EzPort thru either an M52221DEMO or M52233DEMO board.  I have no reason to believe this same code won't work on a M5211DEMO or M52259DEMOKIT board, but I did not try it there.

Basically, you just need a "clone cable" from the DEMO board to your target board as follows (from the online help):

> help clone
clone cable:
  master     slave
  ---------  ----------------
  qspi_clk   qspi_clk (ezpck)
  qspi_din   qspi_dout (ezpq)
  qspi_dout  qspi_din (ezpd)
  qspi_cs0   rcon* (ezpcs*)
  scl        rsti*
  vbus       vbus
  vdd        vdd
> _

Then type the "download" command.  Then paste in your S19 file into the terminal emulator.  It looks like:

Welcome to EzPort for Freescale MCF52233 v1.50i!
http://www.cpustick.com
(checksum 0x929c)
NOT SECURE
> download
paste S19 upgrade file now...
................................................................................
................................................................................
clone done!
> _

I have attached S19 files for both DEMO boards and a zip of the modified "skeleton" project from http://www.cpustick.com/downloads.htm (the zip will be in the next reply)

-- Rich

(I edited the message to try to get my bullets back!

Message Edited by Rich T on 2009-03-18 11:15 PM
Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-02 04:38 PM

Outcomes