PE gives an error when compiling C++ project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE gives an error when compiling C++ project

NickDenman
Contributor I

This is a first time test of Processor Exper but it didn't go as planed.

I opened CW 7.1 pro for coldfire and created a new C/C++ project and included the Device Initialization framework from Processor Expert. Next I generated the PE code and then compiled the project however I recieved a "data type is incomplete" error in MCU_Init.c on the vectorTableEntryType forward declaration.

I read in another thread that placing extern C around the MCU_Init() prototype declaration within main.cpp would fix errors that occure when compiling in C++ files but it had no effect.

I did a forum search on this error but only found the above mentioned info.

Also can the full Processor Expert rather then Device Initialization be used with C++ projects?

TIA for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Generally, Processor Expert and Device Initialization tools are not intended to be used with C++ and the beans are not tested with C++ compiler.

However, it can be workarounded in Device Initialization tool by adding "extern" in the beginning of the line where is the problem (extern vectorTableEntryType _InterruptVectorTable[]; /* Forward declaration of the vector table */ ).

Please note that after code generation the workaround will be not preserved and you will have to add "extern" again.

This behaviour will be improved in the Processor Expert v1.04.

In Processor Expert please comment the declaration of bool type in PE_Types.h files and disable its generation using menu command "Don´t write" from pop-up menu of PE_Types.h file.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

NickDenman
Contributor I

Thanks Filip,

I'll give this a try.

When will PE V1.04 be available and will it be a free upgrade to CW7.1 license holders?

Best regards

Nick Denman

0 Kudos