Getting started with Mifare

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Mifare

naveen_mukkelli
Contributor I

Hi, I'm interested in developing iOS apps that interact with Mifare cards and trying to find developer "getting started" type of material with out much luck.

Could any one point me to any developer documentation? Could I use Xcode, Swift? or do I need to use anything else? In a nutshell, I'm hoping to develop mobile application that interact with Mifare hardware using NFC capability of the mobile device. Also, I'm hoping to getting my head around what Mifare2Go does.

Hope it make sense

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Naveen,

Hope you are doing well. First I'd like to point you to a really great site that you will find many trainings and information that will prove useful along your project development.

This website is called Mobile Knowledge, you can search for trainings specifically regarding MiFARE products. Some trainings are free and some have a cost, however it's a great site to find useful information.

You can also find other trainings from our site here.

Unfortunately, we do not have an application document that could get you started on creating an mobile application. However here are the links that will be useful to get you started. For iOS, please refer to the CoreNFC page, here they provide the documentation related to developing your app.  In addition you will  find the differences between iOS13 and iOS11/12 in this site.

For android, you can check the SDK and further information here.

Let me know if you have further questions on the above information.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos