Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL-EVKB Image building issue

Jump to solution
glecocq
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to build an image for an IMX6UL-EVKB.

I followed the instructions of this documentation : i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide (Rev. L4.14.98-2.0.0_ga, 04/2019).

I'm working on Ubuntu 18.04 and my kernel version is 4.15.0-72-generic.

mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
cd imx-yocto-bsp
repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga.xml
repo sync

MACHINE="imx6ulevk" source fsl-setup-release.sh -b imx6ulevk

bitbake fsl-image-machine-test

NOTE: Your conf/bblayers.conf has been automatically updated.
WARNING: Host distribution "ubuntu-18.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 6 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: Failed to parse recipe: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
glecocq
Contributor II

The issue was solved by using bash for repo init and repo sync (zsh is my default bash).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
glecocq
Contributor II

The issue was solved by using bash for repo init and repo sync (zsh is my default bash).

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good!

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Guillaume,

Before to run the yocto for community please try the fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.

Regards

0 Kudos
glecocq
Contributor II

I've got the same issue with fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.

bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx                                                                                                               

WARNING: Host distribution "ubuntu-18.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 9 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'sdcard' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: Failed to parse recipe: /home/glq/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

0 Kudos