SPI Flash Driver for K8x MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Flash Driver for K8x MCUXpresso

deniscollis
Contributor V

Is there an existing SPI Flash driver available for Kinetis K8x under MCUXpresso?  Not QSPI (I already have that), but something that layers onto the existing fsl_dspi driver.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Denis Collis,

We don't have the specific SPI flash driver.

But we have the DSPI flash driver, so you just need to use the SDK SPI flash driver, then refer to your used external flash, send the related command and data.

You can download the SDK code for K8X, then refer to the spi project, take K82 SDK as an example:

SDK_2.5.0_FRDM-K82F\boards\frdmk82f\driver_examples\dspi\polling_b2b_transfer\master

Please try it on your side.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

deniscollis
Contributor V

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Yes, I already explored the various DSPI drivers . I was hoping to save some time with a ready-made flash-specific module to put on top of it.   I guess I'll write my own.

Thanks for responding.

Denis

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Denis Collis,

As I know, we don't have the specific external flash driver about the K80, so you need to write it by yourself.

In fact, it is not complicated!

When you communicate with external flash, if the SPI_CS wave in the SPI module not meet your external flash demand, you can use the GPIO instead of the SPI module SPI_CS pin.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos