cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between IMXRT1052 and IMXRT1062

jack__
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm developing a project for a IMXRT1062xxx5A using EmbOS. To start it, I took a sample project provided by EmbOS, but since they didn't have a project for my board, I used the one for the IMXRT1052. I searched for information online and I found out that basically the 2 boards are the same except for minor stuff, that's why EmbOS provided only one example valid for both the boards.

However, this leaves me with a couple of doubts about the provided files like "system_MIMXRT105x.c" and "startup_MIMXRT1052.s". 

I am currently able to compile and flash the code without any error, but my questions are:

1) since the IMXRT1062 has more functionalities, are these files enough or should I change/add something?

2) I saw many sample projects for the same board with different structures, some of them have a "board.h" and "board.c" in addition to the two files I mention before, some of them have a really long startup file while others have a really short one... I'm gonna attach my project here, does it have the right structure? do I have the right files? am I missing something?

Any advice is well accepted! 

I thank you for your help.

Giacomo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Giacomo

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the EmbOS example projects. For specific questions of these projects, you will need to contact SEGGER support directly. 

You can also refer to the SDK that we provide. The advantage of this is that we have a specific SDK for the RT1062, however, it doesn't include EmbOS support, but you have AmazonFreeRTOS. You can download the SDK from the following link.

Regarding your questions, please see my comments below. 

1) since the IMXRT1062 has more functionalities, are these files enough or should I change/add something?

I would recommend you to use the files for the RT106x, you can find those on our SDK for the RT1062.

2) I saw many sample projects for the same board with different structures, some of them have a "board.h" and "board.c" in addition to the two files I mention before, some of them have a really long startup file while others have a really short one... I'm gonna attach my project here, does it have the right structure? do I have the right files? am I missing something?

As mentioned before, I'm not familiar with the EmbOS example projects, for this question you will need to contact directly SEGGER support.

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos