MC9S08QG8CPBE is EOL in stores, active in NXP !!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08QG8CPBE is EOL in stores, active in NXP !!!

tonyp
Senior Contributor II
There is a last buy note for
MC9S08QG8CPBE
Active
Last Buy Date: 22-May-2020
Last Delivery Date: 22-May-2021
although it appears as Active.
The note was issued recently (2019-11-22) but shouldn't it first go into "Not Recommended for New Designs" status?
And once there is a "last buy date" set, shouldn't the item automatically stop showing as "Active"?
Someone may start a new design on it, and by coming June there won't be any chance to order it.
This particular chip is an example I happened to notice that does not affect me directly.
However, what truly bothers me, is the possibility that a whole bunch of other chips that I currently use can suddenly have the same fate without enough warning, you know the "Active" => "Not recommended" => "Inactive" sequence with plenty of time between status changes.
Can this situation be corrected?  How about the Product Select page shows the actual status, and not a deceiving one?
5 Replies

rail21
Contributor I

Hi again Vicente and my apologies, I should have read my last reply before I posted it.

The IC I meant to enquire about and hope to use as a replacement for the above IC is actually the MC9S08SH8CPJ. Is there any intentions to suspend production of this IC in the near future?

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the MC9S08SH8CPJ  is still available and there is not information about  end of life 

the only change is 

201904029F01:20PDIP Assembly Site Transfer to TFME from ATP1 

Regards

0 Kudos

rail21
Contributor I

Hi Vicente and I too am somewhat disappointed in the short time to EOL of the MC9S08QG8CPBE chip.

I can change to the MC9S08SH8CPJ chip but this means new PCBs have to be made.

Before I start the change, is there any idea of an EOL date for the MC9S08QG8CPBE chip?

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I have already informed the web team to update the status of those parts on the web page. They will update on the next days.

Regarding the discontinuation, this is a marketing desition, al help you to past your comments to the product marketer. Unfortunately, the DIP package is dying, not only on 8 bit, in all technologies.

Regards

0 Kudos