cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8M Mini Windows 10 IoT with LCD panel display

eddyfu
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

We are working on a customize board which is using iMX8M Mini processor. We are using the BSP download from NXP website (W1860_1_0_1_IMX-IOTCORE-B191011 and W1860_1_0_1_IMX-FIRMWARE-B191011) and following the instruction in the "i.MX Windows 10 IoT User’s Guide" to add our customize board. It can boot to UEFI.

Our problem is we need to add the mipi-dsi to LVDS processor (SN65DSI84) driver in the BSP. By analysis the display driver code, the default mipi-dsi to hdmi (adv7535) code and the OLED (rm67191) code, we can only find the driver related code in u-boot. Do it means we only need to add the mipi-dsi to LVDS processor (SN65DSI84) driver code in u-boot not UEFI or Windows 10 IoT?

Could anyone share the method to add the mipi-dsi to LVDS processor (SN65DSI84) driver code in Windows 10 IoT ?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Eddy(T)

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jesselin0420
Contributor I

Hi Experts,

We are using mipi dsi panel ili9881c on i.mx8 mini with Windows iot 10. We can see a splash screen after modifying the code of u-boot.
But after entering the windows iot the screen is black. How can we debug it?
The log in attached.

0 Kudos

Frantisek_Prochaska
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi @jesselin0420,
in that case you can disable Galcore driver and Windows will continue to use frame buffer that has been setup by U-Boot.
0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eddy,

Win10 IoT doesn´t have the driver for MIPI DSI, you need to develop or contact microsoft.

Regards

0 Kudos

eddyfu
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

Thanks for your reply.

Further question, how does the default HDMI works? There are some adv7535 registry setting in u-boot (board\freescale\imx8mm_evk\imx8mm_evk.c), but not in UEFI and Windows 10 IoT.

Does the binary file (signed_hdmi_imx8m.bin) contains the HDMI driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos