How to reset DRAM_RESET pin go to Low level?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset DRAM_RESET pin go to Low level?

Jump to solution
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello community,

I checking a function around MMDC of i.MX6QP.

After initialized DRAM(MDCTL[SDE_x]=1 and DRAM_RESET goed Hi and DRAM_SDCKE start working.),

Does it have some method to DRAM_RESET go to Low level?

If MDCTL[SDE_x] = 0, DRAM_SDCKE was stopping, but DRAM_RESET keep to Hi level.

If MDMISC[RST] = 1, asserted reset to MMDC, but DRAM_RESET keep to Hi level.

Does MDCTL[SDE_x] bit only perform to DRAM_RESET from low to hi level in initialization process?

To clear MMDC configuration/status registers and DRAM_RESET pin level, it must need Hard Reset?

Best regards,

Ishii.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ishii

>Does MDCTL[SDE_x] bit only perform to DRAM_RESET from low to hi level in initialization process?

right.

>To clear MMDC configuration/status registers and DRAM_RESET pin level, it must need Hard Reset?

yes. It is necessary to follow sequence described in sect. 46.4.2 MMDC initialization

i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ishii

>Does MDCTL[SDE_x] bit only perform to DRAM_RESET from low to hi level in initialization process?

right.

>To clear MMDC configuration/status registers and DRAM_RESET pin level, it must need Hard Reset?

yes. It is necessary to follow sequence described in sect. 46.4.2 MMDC initialization

i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your quick response.

I recheck MDCTL[SDE_x] bit function based on this information.

Best regards,

Ishii.

0 Kudos