cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6DL and e-ink display

mubinicyer
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to make a costum board with e-ink as primary display and run Android on it. I don't want to connect e-ink display over SPI or I²C instead I want to connect e-ink display to EPDC on the CPU.

I want to use MCIMX6U8DVM10AC or MCIMX6U8DVM10AD.

Where can I find information about e-ink interface? I could not find any specification of any e-ink display.

In reference manual of iMX there are 49 signals for EPDC. Where to connect all those signals?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Android support for e-Ink screens was dropped out since a couple of BSP releases, so, it would be required to include the support by your side, or using the Linux BSP (Yocto).

Regarding not using the SPI or I2C interface it will be impossible, since what I am aware of, most of the touch screen controllers, make use of those protocols.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

mubinicyer
Contributor I

Thanks for reply. It is bad news that Android doesn't support e-ink anymore :smileysad:

Regarding not using SPI-I²C. I meant of course not the touch functionality, instead display functionality. Of cource touch functionality can work well over SPI or I²C.

0 Kudos