cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SG4 Algorithmm...

Deepak1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

I am using 9S08SG4 device.After creating Image file with "P & E cyclone Pro" I am getting "fatal error" while programming the device.But when I programmed the same device by selecting "P & E Cyclone Pro as a Debugger" in the CW this will programme the device without any error.During this time it will take the algorithm file from the path,

c:\Program Files\Freescale\codeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\prog\P&E\9S08SG4.S8P

& while creating image it will directly open's the algorithum folder as, C:\pemicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\HC08\9S08SG4.S8P

In this I found three types of algorithum file as,

1)9S08SG4.S8P

2)9S08SG4_20MHZ.S8P

3)9S08SG4_PRESERVE.S8P

Please tell me which one I have to selcet & What is the purpose of these three.

Also while programming the device using "P & E Cyclone Pro as a Debugger" it will take default algorithm "9S08SG4.S8P".

If I want to make default algorithm as "9S08SG4_PRESERVE.S8P" or "9S08SG4_20MHZ.S8P" what settings I have to modify ??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Deepak,

I see you have the same question at P&E forums that remains unanswered.

There is a similar question that has been answered there for the DZ.

The preserve version does not destroy the non-volatile trim values on a mass erase. This allows you to keep the factory trim or simply stop you from having to trim it each time while doing a burn/test/edit cycle.

The 20MHz version has something to do with the trim calculation, (normally 16MHz).

As for how to make the cyclone pro use a different one I don't know, but renaming the file to the default name would most probably work if you don't know the "right" way to do it.

0 Kudos

Deepak1
Contributor IV

Dear Peg,

Can you please provide me the link of anwer.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

It does not really help you any more but here it is.

0 Kudos

Deepak1
Contributor IV

Hi,

You are right,This will not help me.But this will improve my knowledge.

Actually "Mr. Johnny" has replied for my que. on pemicro forums,but this answer will not solve my problem.Also i replied to him & attached some screenshots of errors.Here is the link,

http://www.pemicro.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2787

Please help to solve my problem.

0 Kudos