AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC55S69 : runBootloader API

Question asked by Eugene Hiihtaja on Nov 22, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2019 by Eugene Hiihtaja

Hello !

Do I undestand right and by using this API , application can enter to bootloader without reboot ?

After that update can happens or whatever and it is possible jump back to application start address  ( without reboot ) ?

Becouse not all areas of SRAM in use by bootloader, I can keep own data in SRAM while update is ongoing and there are retain.

is this so ?

But what is not clear if by ISP command(s) , host can read any data areas what is stored in SRAM ?

Even in case of Secure boot and "SB file format is encrypted and digitally signed", it is always possible to turn MCU to ISP mode and read SRAM  ?

Or if secure boot is enabled already, some areas of flash/sram can be protected  from reading, becouse

initial image is able to apply some protection and any next update ( FOTA like) is not able read all memory areas ?

I can see by default in ISP update is possibel to read/write/erase almost everything. Of couse it dosn't boot after that.

But it is other story.

Can you explain in more details how and what memory areas can be completely hidden from ISP type of update ?

Regards,

Eugene

Outcomes