cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx-pdm.c asoc machine driver query

sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Hi,

is imx-pdm mic is asoc machine driver file for PDM-2-I2S?

The driver seems capturing the data in TDM format.

My hw has the PDM-2-I2S device interfaced to IMX8MM SAI. SAI reads the data in I2S format.

Can i modify this driver to read the data in I2S or is it better to write a new machine driver for PDM-2-I2S.

My PDM-2-I2S device is ADAU7002.

Thank you,

Sreedhar

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreedhar

ADAU7002 has standard I2S output, no need to invoke pdm specific functions.

One can check sect.7.1.4.5 Source Code Structure attached Linux Manual

and consider it as usual codec, also one can follow Chapter 16 Porting Audio Codecs

Porting Guide included in Linux 4.14.98_2.2.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

Thank you for the clarification, I understand the porting procedure.

My development hw setup : IMX8M Mini EVK Interfaced to ADAU7002 with PDM MIC (2 Nos)

adau7002.c is availlable in the kernel and I built into the kernel.

Similarly the machine driver for adau7002 i have created and added to the kernel and built.

dts file i have created one, similar to ak5558 enabling the adau7002 and disabling micfil.

But when i built the linux-imx module. I am not getting the dtb file generated in the build.

Could you please tell me where i am doing wrong. I checked the ubuntu machine for dtc compiler it is available.

But somehow it is generating the dtb file for the fsl-imx8mm-evk-adau7002.dts ==> fsl-imx8mm-evk-adau7002.dtb

Could you please let me know, any other place i need to add any.

Thank you, Sreedhar

0 Kudos