cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless_uart demo example on NXP FRDM-KW36

ettoremasetti
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm developing a project on NXP FRDM-KW36 board.

I'm using the wireless_uart demo example found in the reccomended SDK, however I would like to use my board as Central and connect it to a Peripheral one (a different board).

I changed the UUID to allow the connection, the device is found and connected, but once I try to send data from Pheripheral to Central, the function BleApp_GattServerCallback is not triggered.

The Peripheral board is configured to provide an indicate service, in particular it's a BLE board with an equipped ble_uart program.

How can I manage the connection with a different board?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

giuliano_errico
Contributor II

I'm having a similar problem on another MCU (MKW41Z512). When I create a static database for GATT services, the wireless uart works, however if I implement the database dynamically, the BleApp_GattServerCallback isn't triggered. mario_castaneda, in my case, the App_RegisterGattServerCallback return gGattDbSuccess_c.

ettoremasetti@live.it,‌ did you solve the problem?

0 Kudos

enricobaiano
Contributor I

Dear Ettore,

Also I had the same issue by using the wireless_uart demo example suited for  NXP FRDM-KW36, and I haven't discovered yet which are the code's lines I have to fix in order to let my different boards comunicate with each other, as comes from different companies. Seems like changing UUIDs is not enough, and I can't go any further than this at the moment. 

Best regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ettore,

Is it a problem to use wireless_uart example with a different board?

No, it should not be a problem.

The peripheral should support, this specific profile. However, the KW36 is working as a central role, isn't it?

You should look at the BleApp_GattClientCallback and lookup for the event and the data that you sent.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ettore,

As you know, the wireless uart is a custom profile, you could use the same UUID. 

What is the ble_status that the App_RegisterGattServerCallback is returning?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ettoremasetti
Contributor I

Dear Mario,

thank you for the answer.

The function App_RegisterGattServerCallback is triggered only during the BLE initialization, but not when the Peripheral board sends data.

However I would like to stress the fact that the other board (Peripheral) is not an NXP FRDM-KW36, it's a different one, it's a nRF52 module.

Is it a problem to use wireless_uart example with a different board?

Regards

Ettore 

0 Kudos