Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uart issues in printing TWR-K60D100M

Jump to solution
mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using k60 microcontroller for my project. I am facing problems in printing the data at higher baud rates using UART.

I am using 50Mhz clock with PEE mode.

I have uplaoded the photos please check it and help me out in this please .when we use 115200.pngwhen we use 256000.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammedrasool,

I also see this problem on my board. I think this maybe the on board OSBDM bridge problem. It can't support such a high speed. I observe the UART waveform on oscilloscope, the baudrate of TX signal from K60 is fine. If high speed is must, you have to change to other route.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammedrasool,

I also see this problem on my board. I think this maybe the on board OSBDM bridge problem. It can't support such a high speed. I observe the UART waveform on oscilloscope, the baudrate of TX signal from K60 is fine. If high speed is must, you have to change to other route.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Thank You for your response . 

Were i find this OSBDM because in data sheet it is no where mentioned.

And what are the other routes to achive such high speeds.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

K60 has 5 uart. You can use other uart port and use a usb-uart converter to connect computer.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Hello Jing Pan,

In K60 Uart 5 is directly connected to usb in which i am having trouble may be the usb cannot handle that much high speed.

Regards,

Mohammedrasool Yadwad

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, I think so. MC9S08 is a 8bit 51 core MCU. It is not as powerful as openSDA K20 mcu. That is a M4 core MCU.

Regards,

Jing

mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Thank You Jing Pan, now i got the answer we have see for other option to transfer at such a high speed like ethernet.

Regards,

Mohammedrasool Yadwad 

0 Kudos