cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6dl VDDUSB_CAP issue

zhongweihe
Contributor I

Hi Team:

Could you please tell me VDDUSB_CAP if can support 3.4V?  the spec request is 3.0V output , but why

the registor can be programmed VDDUSB_CAP up to 3.4V? if VDDUSB_CAP is programmed to 3.4V , the USB

function can be influence ?

USB LDO Regulator.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is a good question.
PMU_REG_3P0n provides power for USB PHY, and it supports 3 different voltage output, 2.625V, 3.0V and 3.4V.  
BUT i.MX6 serial processors require it's USB PHY should work on less than 3.3V voltage. So we configure the USB LDO output 3.0V to supply USB PHY in BSP.

If you set the USB LDO to output 3.4V, it can't damage USB PHY, too. But probably several years later, this will cause performance of CPU down.
So we strongly suggest that USB PHY's input voltage should be 3.0V.

0 Kudos

zhongweihe
Contributor I

Hi Jimmy:
      Thanks your great support , but about USB I still have one question , please help to analysis and give us a good suggestion  ,thanks .

The qustion is that:

1. Our USB_OTG_DN/DP used as device signal not OTG fuction .

2. But Now we found that if usb device cable disconnected from computer , the usb_otg_vbus still has a 4.4V voltage .

Generally , if usb device disconnected from computer , the usb_otg_vbus should be 0V . so we feel very confuse     that where the 4.4V voltage come from .

3. This circult theory is that when usb device connect to the computer , the Mosfet Q38 ON , so 5V supply to   usb_otg_vbus.  usb_otg_vbus not connect with any signal.

4. so please help to analysis togerther it .thanks very much.

usb_otg_vbus.png

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We checked this on our boards. We don't have this issue. Please double check your hardware board.

0 Kudos