SSH on I.Mx8mmini

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH on I.Mx8mmini

santhosh2
Contributor IV

I want to access the board from network so How to enable SSH on I.Mx8mmini.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to have ssh server installed and running on i.MX board to be able to access the board from PC .
So you need to install some ssh server (for example openssh-server).
And then you need to make sure that is is turned on as service with the command like "/etc/init.d/ssh status".

And of course you need to make sure that network configuration (hardware and routing) connects the PC and i.MX board.

0 Kudos

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Thanks for replying,  i Want to know how to configure in yocto as i got the below error message

ERROR: fsl-image-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command '/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf -y -c /home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/dnf/dnf.conf --setopt=reposdir=/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d --repofrompath=oe-repo,/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo --installroot=/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs --setopt=logdir=/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp --nogpgcheck install gst-plugins-good packagegroup-core-boot gst-plugins-bad apt weston-init gst-plugins-base-ffmpegcolorspace gst-plugins-good-udp packagegroup-tools-bluetooth run-postinsts tzdata gstreamer1.0-rtsp-server mariadb dhcpcd python3-pip gst-plugins-good-rtsp gst-plugins-base-videotestsrc home-assistant psplash xterm python apache2 python3-opencv gstreamer1.0 python-flask gst-openmax weston-xwayland libcgroup python3 gst-plugins-good-rtpmanager gstreamer1.0-plugins-good dhcp-server init-ifupdown python-core openssh gst-plugins-good-matroska packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-full packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark gst-fluendo-mpegdemux gst-plugins-good-rtp python-pip packagegroup-core-tools-debug gst-variable-rtsp-server packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear v4l-utils gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-meta gtk-doc gst-plugins-ugly packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu packagegroup-core-tools-testapps packagegroup-core-tools-profile gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packagegroup-base-extended gsoap connman-client packagegroup-fsl-tools-audio packagegroup-core-nfs-server libnss-mdns packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu-external gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-commercial ntp imx-gst1.0-plugin apache-websocket packagegroup-core-full-cmdline packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0 packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps gst-plugins-base-ogg dhcp-client gstreamer1.0-plugins-base php connman locale-base-en-us locale-base-en-gb' returned 1:
Added oe-repo repo from /home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Thu 14 Nov 2019 02:21:16 PM UTC.
Error:
 Problem: package packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-1.0-r1.noarch requires dropbear, but none of the providers can be installed
  - package openssh-7.6p1-r0.aarch64 conflicts with dropbear provided by dropbear-2017.75-r0.aarch64
  - conflicting requests
(try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages or '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

ERROR: fsl-image-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.32231
ERROR: Task (/home/santhosh/Desktop/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-validation-imx.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1

How to resolve this error

Regards

Santhosh kumar

0 Kudos

inigovicentewal
Contributor III

Hi santhoshkumar

What settings have you made in yocto to enable ssh?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Add the below line in local.conf file to include SSH

#SSH
PACKAGE_EXCLUDE += " packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh"

and then compile using bitbake

Regards

Santhosh

0 Kudos

inigovicentewal
Contributor III

Hi santhoshkumar

I use the image imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flah_evk but it doesn't integrate openssh, do you know how to add it?

Openssh has compiled me but I don't have it in the picture.
Do you know how to do it?
regards
0 Kudos

inigovicentewal
Contributor III

And how do you check that it is activated?

There has to be a ssh.service right?

Regards

Iñigo

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry for the delay.
I was told that it can be solved by commenting the default recipe layer added in fsl-image-validation-imx.bb
#ssh-server-dropbear

0 Kudos