cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which linux device driver is used for MCIMX-LVDS1 10" display

jagadeesh_kumar
Contributor I

Hi, 

We are using custom board which have LVDS output and I have to interface MCIMX-LVDS1 display with it. In kernel source code i found imx-ldb.c driver under /driver/gpu/drm/imx/ directory.  I want to enable to corresponding driver to bring up the display. Can you help me on this?

Regards,

Vishnu

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jagadeesh_kumar
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

Thank you. It was helpful. 

Can you specify which driver I have to choose for MCIMX-LVDS display. When I went through kernel source of IMX. I could see imx_ldb.c driver file. , Is this the one which probed when imx display is connected.?

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, for LVDS is the imx_ldb.c

0 Kudos

jagadeesh_kumar
Contributor I

Hi Rita, 

We are using Mediatek Sb50 SOM  which uses MT8385 processor, and it is connected to carrier board from Innocom. We have built Android 9 OS and flashed in it. And uses kernel-4.4. 

The carrier board have 1 LVDS 30 pin connetor. 

The MCIMX-LVDS 1 is similar product that can be interfaced with our board. If you have steps to enable the driver int kernel, it will be helpful

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishnu,

You need to porting the LVDS screen driver to your board. In our default BSP, the LVDS screen can work on i.MX series products. You can refer to our default BSP.

About the board you are using, I am not familiar with the board. Maybe you can contact the technique support of the board company. Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishnu,

Could you tell us which board and BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos