Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does interactive scaling governor do

Jump to solution
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using i.MX8M Mini processor in our project. While checking the available frequency governors we had seen like there is a mode called "interactive".

Userspace mode will help the user to change the cpu frequency manually.

Ondemand mode will change the cpu frequency to maximum value automatically when the load is increased.

So like these modes how will the interactive scaling governor behaves? We had referred the reference manual also but we can not get a clear picture on how the interactive mode works.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

one can look at linux CPUfreq governor documentation

cpufreq.rst\pm\admin-guide\Documentation - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

one can look at linux CPUfreq governor documentation

cpufreq.rst\pm\admin-guide\Documentation - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!