Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication data transfer fails on OpenSDA

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,
I am working with the SDK_2.6.2 version for the MIMXRT1062xxxxA processor on a MIMXRT1060-EVK, and I am trying to receive and send characters via FlexIO UART.
The peripheral configuration is made inside the MCUXpresso Config Tools environment, and I am attaching it here, together with the compilation generated .axf file.
When I copy the .axf file directly on the mounted storage device, and I open a terminal configured accordingly to the settings I have already made, the application does not work as expected, although the .axf is successfully copied. The characters I am typing are not echoed back inside the terminal. 
However, if I am debugging the .axf file inside the MCUXpresso IDE using the available DAPLink probe, the application works as expected. When opening a terminal, the typed characters are echoed back. 
So, my question is, how can I achieve the same functionality using OpenSDA? I would like to have a functional application independent of the MCUXpresso IDE.
Thank you in advance,
Irina
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Irina Costachescu,

If you want to use the opensda to connect your FlexIO UART, you need to check the FLEXIO UART IO pin you are using, especially the UART_TX and UART_RX pin, whether it is connected to the opensda com pin.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

You can find the MIMXRT1060-EVK board opensda interface is using GPIO_AD_B0_12 and GPIO_AD_B0_13 pins in default.

If you check the FLEXIO pin, you will find no flexio pin is connected to GPIO_AD_B0_12 and GPIO_AD_B0_13, so if you want to connect your Flexio uart pins to the opensda, you need to disconnect J45, J46, then connect J45_1 pin to your FLEXIO UART_RX, J46_1 pin connect to your FLEXIO UART_TX, then you can test it.

BTW, do you test the official SDK project:

SDK_2.6.2_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples\flexio\uart\polling_transfer

You also can refer to that code usage.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, kerryzhou

Thank you for your reply, but I have already made the required hardware connections. I have been able to test the correctness of my .axf file using the MCUXpresso IDE, as I have mentioned in the question. So it seems to be another cause for this issue I am encountering.

Furthermore, the project you are indicating was my start point in developing the application. So it has been tested and analyzed accordingly.

However, the .axf file attached in my previous post does not produce the expected behavior when downloaded via OpenSDA.

Thank you,

Irina

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Irina Costachescu

Could you tell me where is your main function? I didn't find it in the source, I will check your code in details.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, kerryzhou

I have attached the generated folder next to the previous archive. This is generated from a Simulink model. Anyway, the .c file which is compiled into the executable form is called imxrt_flexio_106x.c. Maybe you will find helpful some other files existing there.

Thank you for your help on this,

Irina

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Irina Costachescu,

I am not familiar with the Simulink model which you mentioned.

Let's still talk about the flexIO uart function, please tell me what the detail things you has done based on the SDK flexio project, and what's the detail function you want to realize.

If you just want to use some flexio to realize the UART function, do you test the relatec pin UART wave directly, whether that works? If you connect the TTL-USB to the related pin, whether works, or just the on board opensda com port can't work?

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos