OpenVG vgDrawPath() does not return

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenVG vgDrawPath() does not return

rspolyak
Contributor II

We are using OpenVG on iMX6 SoloLite to speed up 2D acceleration for maps navigation. Acceleration works fine until the process that does the navigation blocks on vgDrawPath() call and never return. Process restart does not solve the issue until we restart the Galcore kernel driver.

This issue occurs randomly. Application can work for hours executing the same OpenVG functions, but sooner or later it eventually blocks at the same place in the code on vgDrawPath().

I have also noticed that enabling debug logging in Galcore driver resolves the issue (with logs enabled vgDrawPath() was never blocking) which sounds like synchronization/timing issue between libOpenVG and Galcore.

Here is strace output after application is blocked:

# ./strace -p 879
./strace: Process 879 attached
ioctl(10, _IOC(0, 0x75, 0x30, 0)

libOpenVG is provided with Yocto and fetched from NXP website. It comes in binary form so I can't debug why vgDrawPath() hang and never return.

I would appreciate any hints on how to debug this issue further.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

4.9.88 BSPs has an old gpu driver with lots of modification for the current one. Can you do the tests on a newer bsp/gpu driver and check if the issue is fixed ?

Regards

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ros,

Could you tell us which version of openVG or NXP BSP are you using? this could be a bug.

Regards

0 Kudos

rspolyak
Contributor II

Hi, Bio_TICFSL!

I am not sure which version of OpenVG it is. Yocto downloads it from www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-gpu-viv-1_6.2.4.p1.bin

NXP BSP is community one based on 4.9.88 1.1.0 GA.

#ye f imx-gpu-viv'

meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_6.2.4.p1.2+fslc.bb [0]

meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_6.2.4.p1.8.bb [1]
meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.2.4.p1.8-aarch32.bb [2]
meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv-6.inc [3]
meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.2.4.p1.8-aarch64.bb [4]

0 Kudos