What is the device ID of OneSwitch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the device ID of OneSwitch

yuboli
Contributor II

We want to use jn5169 to develop OneSwitch, which is connected to the 220V control lamp. It is a routing device. According to the standard ZigBee, what should I use for its DeviceId?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well!

What do you mean by device ID?

Every connected device in a ZigBee or IEEE802.15.4 network is has a short address, which could be considered the device's ID. In the case of ZigBee, this short address is randomized, and in IEEE802.15.4, it can be specified either by the coordinator (if requested by the joiner device), or by the joiner device itself.

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know. 

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yuboli
Contributor II

Thanks, For example, the device ID of extended colour light is 0x010d in ZigBee standard;

So I want to use jn5169 to develop OneSwitch, which is connected to the 220V control lamp. It is a routing device. According to the standard ZigBee, what should I use for its DeviceId?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel!

Currently, there's not a OneSwitch device defined by ZigBee Alliance.

My recommendation would be to check the specifications for the device you're creating, and see which of the generic device types makes the most sense to define the OneSwitch as.

You could check the application profiles for a device ID which most corresponds with the functionality of your device. Here are the links for the ZigBee Home Automation Public Application Profile Document (table 8.2 has the different Device ID's), and one for ZigBee Lighting & Occupancy Device Specification (chapter 5 has another relevant table).

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos