cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHY is not working with PFE MAC of ls1012a

kai_wu
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using ls1012a on my hardware, also I am using ksz9477 ethernet switch connecting to PFE

pastedImage_1.png

Figure 1: KSZ9897S                                          

Because ksz9897 doesn't support MDIO, so I am using the SPI instead of MDIO. see below.

pastedImage_3.png

I can see eth0 and eth1 when the board is powered onAlso, I can configure eth0 with static ip. But I cannot ping external devices at all. I assume the problem happens on the connection of MAC and PHY. The driver spi-fsl-dspi.ko is not used by any other modules. I think the problem is caused by my device tree configuration.

I configured my device tree as below:

pastedImage_5.png

Figure 3: PFE node

pastedImage_8.png

Figure 4: SPI node

port@6   (i.eGMAC7) in the device tree is used as the MAC port connecting to PFE via SGMII. 

the output of demsg about PFE is show as below 

pastedImage_17.png

Also, I can see both eth0 and eth1, but I am only using eth0 and I can configure the eth0 with static ip.

pastedImage_18.png

But I cannot ping external devices at all.

Anyone who can help? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The KSZ9897S switch supports MIIM (MDIO).

See the KSZ9897S Datasheet.

See the LED4_1, LED3_1 setting.

Use this interface for connection.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos