What is the maximal absolute pressure of the sensor MPX5010?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximal absolute pressure of the sensor MPX5010?

johnfound
Contributor II

In the datasheet the maximal differential pressure is specified as 40kPa (400mbar).

I.e. P1 - P2 < 40kPa

But the maximal absolute pressure (when P1 = P2) is not specified.

In other words the maximal pressure between the sensor internals (P1=P2) and the environment (atmosphere, the surrounding gas, etc.).

So, what is this maximal absolute pressure for this pressure sensor?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We call this “the common mode pressure”, and it depends on the package.

Let’s say that you are using an unibody package like the 867C. The highest common mode pressure in the unibody packages is 690kPa.

The reason of why isn’t the Common Mode Pressure Value on the datasheets, is because we have not test the sensors lately, the value that I’m giving to you is the value of the initial tests (when the sensor came on the market), so I really recommend you to make a test with the sensors before you to take out your application.

I hope you find this information useful.

johnfound
Contributor II

Hi. Thanks for your answer. And, what a luck, I will most probably use exactly 867C package. :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately (but I have expected it) I need to measure 10kPa difference pressure with common pressure of about 1.2MPa. So, the next question:

Can I increase the environment pressure in order to increase the maximal common mode pressure of the sensor?

For example, by mounting the whole sensor into the pressurized vessel.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, the MPX5010 on 867C package (or any other package), would be able to handle 1.2MPa in common pressure, not even increasing the environment pressure.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

johnfound
Contributor II

Anybody? Even estimation can help...

0 Kudos