AnsweredAssumed Answered

My other imx7d pico android things start kit died, again

Question asked by NEUBER DE SOUSA on Nov 6, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2019 by NEUBER DE SOUSA

Hi,

1) I had this problem with my imx7d-pico SOM module: My imx7d pico android things start kit died

I tried to buy another module (only) and/or get technical support, but Technexion claimed that as a physical person I could not purchase another module directly.

2) A colleague sold me a new imx7d-pico android things kit.

3) On this second SOM/Carrier board I had the same problem as with the first. I'll talk about it below:

3.a -> As attached image named issuetoda, I had been trying to upload yocto(Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7 - Yocto Project - Mender Hub ) on this device. I got the error: boota: no bootable slot, because instead of using dfu 0 mmc 1, I used dfu 0 mmc 0:

3.b ->I went to my computer with W10 (one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0) and mfgtools configured to erase the data using the mfgtool2-brillo-mx7d-pico-emmc-firmware command. And this was done, as per photo name: screenissue.

3.c -> The screenissue image have a question 1 is:  I left this screen (with green stripes and finished service from image screenissue) for 8 minutes at a standstill. Because I went for coffee. Of course, it is at this point (or, instantly after I clicked STOP/EXIT that the problem occurred. (Both this SOM module and the one that blew it).

question 1 is: Why did this (8-minute delay) procedure damaged my device?

3.d -> The screenissue image have a questions 2 is: Whats is out55 the USB-OTG cable? Where I find picture of it?

I bought a cable with TRS and female usb otg connector, coupled with a male -> male usb cable and plugged it into the i2s audio input on the carrier board. But it did not solve the problem. Cable images used: attached ze1, ze2

Can anyone help me?

Attachments

Outcomes