AnsweredAssumed Answered

Available modes for peripherals configuration

Question asked by Irina Costachescu Employee on Nov 5, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 by Constantin Razvan Chivu

Hi,

We are working with the SDK_2.6.2 version for MIMXRT1062xxxxA processor on a MIMXRT1060-EVK and I have a few questions regarding the available configuration modes for peripherals inside MCUXpresso Config Tools.

For example, each instance of the LPSPI peripheral has 5 user configurable modes (Polling, Interrupts, Transfer, eDMA and FreeRTOS). I have understood from the API Reference Manual that the Polling mode requires the use of the transfer blocking functions, while an Interrupt mode uses a non blocking data transfer.

However, when using a TransferNonBlocking function, the structure named handle, passed as a second parameter to the function, has fields which are configurable inside the Transfer tab only (e.g: Continuous PCS signal or Swap bytes option in case of a Slave instance). If in Interrupt mode, how can I change the default values for these fields inside MCUXpresso Config Tools?

Is the Transfer mode used only for a blocking type of data transfer? If not in Interrupt mode, the generated code in the peripherals.c file does not include the call of the EnableIRQ function.

Could you briefly explain each mode - I'd like to know what use-cases they have.

Thank you in advance,

Irina

Outcomes