In one of our boards we use i.mx6-SOLOsabresd (MCIMX6S5EVM10AC) with Embedded Linux. Our current versions are:
- Kernel 4.1.15
- Jethro (Yocto version 2.0)
In order to apply a certain feature we need to upgrade the BSP (Kernel, Linux,..). We tried:
- Sumo (Yocto version 2.5) version with kernel 4.14
- Rocko (Yocto version 2.4) version with kernel 4.9
- Rocko (Yocto version 2.4) version with kernel 4.9.88 (specific version)
Using the next images:
- https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest (from Freescale PDF)
In all of the cases we encountered with the same problem – the GPU (Galcore.ko) is not working, we cannot run our graphic apps.
We need a solution for i.mx6-SOLOsabresd (MCIMX6S5EVM10AC).
- Rocko (Yocto version 2.4) version with kernel 4.9.88 on i.mx6-DLsabresd the GPU (Galcore.ko) is working as expected
- Related issues in NXP forum