cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE project Beacon on kw36 development board

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi,I‘m eager  for help.

In the process of learning ble development routines, many things are not clear due to the complexity
I'd like to ask if anyone who uses kw36 to develop the beacon project can tell me,
1. Where is the most important modifiable configuration defined in this location routine
2. About where the UUID is written, and how I can see its value
3. The reason why two specific devices can be connected is about where the parameters (addresses) required by the two devices are written. In other words, if I want to change a Bluetooth device to receive beacon data, what parameters each device (kw36 and my own board) needs to provide, and whether this parameter of kw36 is generated by hardware or configured by my software. If it is a hardware value, I can see the relevant macro definition in which file

Thanks very much if any one could help me.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I understand it might be a little hard in the beginning , if you are just starting to work with the NXP Wireless Connectivity stack with Bluetooth LE  would strongly recommend you to check the training video series we have available in the web page so you can not only understand the basics of Bluetooth Low Energy, but also get a better idea of the stack structure.

To understand a little more about the beacon, you can check this community post where you can see it is well explained, it's a little old but the basic structure remains the same, we will try to update it soon.

We also have available a complete application note to help understand the use of Unique 40-bit MAC Address in the Wireless MCUs.  Basically you will need to locate the  ControllerSetBD_ADDR function in your project, still, I would recommend you to check the application note I mentioned you.

You can also check the custom profiles guides we have also available

How to create a Custom Profile - Client 

How to create a Custom Profile-Server 

Creating a custom profile using NXP BLE stack – Server 

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

It's so kind of you.Thanks very much.

0 Kudos