ZIGBEE 3.0 Frequency agility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZIGBEE 3.0 Frequency agility

Contributor III

I saw the frequency change in the 3113 related document and described it.

It is also possible to adapt to a changing RF environment by moving the network to another channel, if the current channel proves problematic - this ‘frequency agility’ is a core feature of ZigBee PRO.

I want to know if the function is implemented automatically in the zigbee protocol stack, or do we need to call it ourselves? If the channel that communicates in this way changes, whether the child device changes channel with the coordinator, can it still communicate normally. Because I tested that the child device could not communicate with the coordinator when the channel of the coordinator network changed when the child device joined the network.

--------------

Considering the stability of the equipment in the future complex environment, I urgently need relevant answers, thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

Frequency Agility is an optional feature in ZigBee stacks. It can be implemented to allow the Network Manager to change the channel if it detects that the current one is too crowded or has a lot of interference.

A process similar to frequency agility is used when the network is about to be created, as the coordinator scans the available channels, and determines the least crowed one.

A request to change the channel can be sent by using the ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest function included in the zps_apl_zdp.h header file. This function is described in chapter 8 of the ZigBee Pro Stack User Guide, and can be used, along with a channel scan, to determine and change the channel if necessary.

For an example on how to use this function, could you please take a look at JN-AN-1216, in the app_Znc_cmds.c source file?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Contributor III

At the same time, I found the following paragraph in the introduction to this function

"node with radio receivers that are configured to remain on during idle periods" 

Does that mean the terminal device needs to do some configuration or something?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To let a device receive information while in idle mode, there's an MLME command that can be sent with the RxOnWhileIdle request type, and a value of TRUE. This changes a setting in the end device so it can leave it's radio active at all times, even when on IDLE, allowing it to receive data during this period.

Could you please provide a sniffer log when sending the ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest to see if there's some error reported during this process?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian Delrio

I found that when i set scancount to 1, i can use this function normally.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please let me know if you need any more information or have further issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Sebastian Delrio Thank you for your reply.

I tried to use this function ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest, but there were some problems. In order to operate through ZGWI software on the basis of JN-AN-1216 code,But I ran into some problems, and my coordinator used JN-AN-1216, and I used the ZGWUI tool to call this function, but I replied to all 0.

When i sent this request to the terminal more than twice, i found that the coordinator could not receive a response,And the terminal can't get a new apud.

Sebastian Delrio I need your help. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

pastedImage_1.pngBut I ran into some problems, and my coordinator used JN-AN-1216, and I used the ZGWUI tool to call this function, but I replied to all pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos