JN5169 Detect the RSSI of the channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5169 Detect the RSSI of the channel

Contributor III

HI,

I now need to add a feature to the coordinator(JN-1216) that can use a command to control the RSSI of the device measurement channel n. In this way, the equipment can be measured during the production test whether there is a problem with the signal.

I referred to JPT.h and the relevant API and code in JN-1172. Then I moved to 1216, and then I had some problems.

When i use jpt-related functions like u32JPT_ Init ( ), i get some errors(ERROR: Unclaimed Interrupt at priority 8 ),So I decided that there might be a problem with the interrupt, and when I turned off the function that was interrupted by the related settings such as portENABLE_INTERRUPTS (), the JPT related function worked properly. After that, I saw the relevant documentation saying that JPT related API and IEEE802.15.4 and ZIGBEE protocol stack can not be used at the same time. Is there a relevant solution?

regards:

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

The JPT functions are not a part of the ZigBee stack, but there are other ways to obtain the RSSI value.

The ZPS_tsAfZgpdataIndEvent structure of a data indication has a value to store the RSSI of the received Data Indication. This structure is included in the zps_apl_af.h header file.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian Delrio,Thank you for your reply.

I looked at this function, but it needs to be used in GREEN POWER mode. Do we have any ways to measure RSSI under a channel.

I need your help.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could try using the ZigBee Diagnostics cluster. If the Diagnostics server is enabled, you can access the value of the last Message's RSSI from the shared structure in this cluster.

You can read more information about this cluster in Chapter 22 of the ZigBee Cluster Library (for ZigBee 3.0) User guide, which can be found here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,Sebastian Delrio,Thank you for your reply

You're talking about rssi when you measure communication between two devices.  

I mainly want to detect the background rssi under a channel, similar to the reception test under jn-an-1172, by calling an interface to put the device in reception mode, and then another device sends it。

So that you can test the performance of the product directly in production, there is no need to download the jn-an-1172 code to test.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, that's the code relating to RSSI that we have available to share.

We don't provide a direct way to measure RSSI directly on our code other than the RSSI value from the last received message.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

As an alternative, you could perform a channel scan for a noise measurement, which is described on Appendix B.7 of the ZigBee 3.0 Stack user guide.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian