Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69: HASHCRYPT and AES-GSM

Jump to solution
EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

I can see HASHCRYPT is not supports AES-GSM directly.

And in ksdk_mbedtls_config only alternatives defined for 

#if defined(MBEDTLS_FREESCALE_HASHCRYPT_AES)
#define MBEDTLS_AES_CRYPT_CBC_ALT
#define MBEDTLS_AES_CRYPT_CTR_ALT
#endif

But it is not so clear if some hybrid model can be utilized and HW accelerator partially in use ?

Could you confirm that current AES-GSM implementation is done by pure SW ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene

LPC55S6x AES engine supports 128/192/256bit key in ECB, CBC and CTR mode.

"Do I understand  right and this is the same HW block what is mapped to mbedtls library ?" >> yes, you are correct.

AES engine doesn't support AES-GSM mode. So far as I know, SDK SW doesn't support it either.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The LPC55S6x devices provide an on-chip hardware AES encryption and decryption engine to protect the image content and to accelerate processing for data encryption or decryption, data integrity, and proof of origin. Data can be encrypted or decrypted by the AES engine using a key from the PUF or a software supplied key.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

in AN12278 I can see:

"

The AES block supports symmetric cryptographic using AES- ECB, AES- CBC and AES-CTR modes with side channel protection for key wrapping.

"

Do I understand  right and this is the same HW block what is mapped to mbedtls library ?

And if I need AES-GSM operations, they done by pure SW only. It is no any hybrid schemes for have better performance ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene

LPC55S6x AES engine supports 128/192/256bit key in ECB, CBC and CTR mode.

"Do I understand  right and this is the same HW block what is mapped to mbedtls library ?" >> yes, you are correct.

AES engine doesn't support AES-GSM mode. So far as I know, SDK SW doesn't support it either.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note: